ABOUT THE APPLICATION
Why to apply
Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in the energy industry.
Growww Female Engineers Scholarship Programme is available for all female full-time students eligible to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity or disability.
The Programme is about supporting young women to face the challenges in gaining expertise in the energy industry and become future leaders.
The Growww Female Engineers Scholarship Programme prize includes:
- 3 winners will be awarded within Growww Female Engineers Scholarship Programme with prize of 3.000 EUR each, for sponsoring their studies for the year.
- Field visit to MOL Group’s site to observe energy operations in reality.
- Offering open position at MOL Group aligned with actual business needs: Upon concluding the studies, trainee position or opportunity to work at MOL Group can be granted in case of joint interest of MOL Group and the supported student.
Who can apply?
Only applicants meeting the criteria listed below will be considered eligible for the scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- being currently enrolled as a female, full time student attending the following institutions for the 2020/2021 academic year, also completing the 3rd (last year of Bachelor studies), 4th or 5th year of studies (1st or 2nd year of master’s degree)
- currently pursuing a degree in the field of Geoscience, Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Petroleum Engineering, Chemistry, IT, Petrochemicals, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or other MOL Group relevant STEM* subject.
- demonstrating advanced oral and written English proficiency
- being a role model and demonstrating passion and future career goals in the energy industry
- being passionate about extracurricular activities (e.g. participation in student associations, competition results etc.)
* STEM (Science, technology, engineering and mathematics)
How to apply?
- Enrolment certificate
- Application form in English
To compete for the Growww Female Engineers Scholarship Programme prize you have to fully complete these 3 main steps:
CV including: details of education, extracurricular activities, academic achievements & recognitions, any previous energy field related work/professional experience (if present), level of English proficiency.
To verify that the applicant is enrolled as a female full-time student at the respective institution for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Language: local language
Letter of motivation:
The letter of motivation should contain three short essays (each 300 - 350 words) on the following topics:
- Why do you apply for this programme?
Describe your motivators to apply for this program and how you think you could benefit from winning it.
- Why do you think you are the right person to win this programme?
What special quality, competency or skill you feel you possess to win the Growww Female Engineers Scholarship Programme
- What’s your professional aspiration?
Describe your dream job and the steps you will take to reach the goal.
All the above listed documents must be submitted by 11:59pm EST, 15 December 2020.
Complete the Online Assessment
After completing the registration, successful applicants will receive an email directing to Online Assessment, which will test their abilities.
Unsuccessful applicants will be informed as well by e-mail.
The online assessment must be completed by 11:59pm EST, 7th January 2021.
Selection of Finalists:
All candidates who have applied for the scholarship and fully completed the application requirements will be informed about the results until 20 January 2021, when the 10 finalists will be also informed about the next steps. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed as well by e-mail.
1 Day Virtual Final:
Best 10 finalists will take part in a 1 day Virtual Final Event via Microsoft Teams.
During the virtual final finalists will tackle two challenges to win the prize.
Business case study:
Based on real facts and figures, the case study will test the finalists’ strategic decision-making skills. Using the information provided, candidates will be asked to develop a long-term strategy for a given MOL business challenge.
How: Teams of 3-4 randomly formed prior to the event.
Prepare: Briefing prior to the event.
Format: Presenting the solution in front of the jury.
Interactive individual presentation:
During the presentation, candidates will share their insights about a previously announced topic and will hold further discussion rounds about it with the jury members.
How: individual task
Prepare: previously prepared presentation on the given topic (received when finalists are announced)
Format: presentation and discussion
Based on the finalists’ performance during the 2 assignments, the 3 winners of the scholarship will be announced at the end of the virtual event.